Friday, November 24, 2006

I've been flirting with E

There's this woman E I would really like to date. We did have lunch about a year ago, and had quite a lively conversation. We enjoy each other's company, and we tend to see things alike. But at the end of the lunch, just as we were parting, she told me she wasn't interested in dating. I was puzzled, because that lunch sure felt like a date. But she did say she was OK with having lunch occasionally. So we've done that, oh, maybe four lunches in a year. Keeping in touch, not much more than that.

I'm strongly attracted to E. Every time I see her I give her compliments on her appearance and her clothes. Genuine compliments, I really am taken with her. Every lunch I've asked her if she would like to date. The answer has always been "no", but delivered with a smile, like she's glad to know I want to.

I called E, oh, more than a month ago, and left a message suggesting lunch. She didn't return my call. But when I ran into her two weeks later she said she had been meaning to, and she wanted to have lunch, and she would call me. Hooray! But still no call. Then I ran into her again last week. She repeated that she wanted to have lunch, and said she'd call after Thanksgiving. I didn't dwell on her not calling. I was genuinely glad to see her and have a short conversation. We got caught up a little, and I told her how good she looked, and she smiled. As we parted she repeated that she would call me about lunch. As we walked away from each other I called out, "Just tell me when and where, and I'll be there." She laughed, and I enjoyed that.

So there's this dynamic where I'm putting myself out there, asking her about dating and giving her complements, over and over. She doesn't really respond, except to smile and laugh. And that's OK with me. Oh, sure, I'd rather she say yes, and really date me. But I'm glad to know that she enjoys my attention.

I don't know if there's any chance of a femdom relationship with E or not. It's not like I've got any direct evidence that there is. But we like each other, we share interests, and we enjoy each other's company, that's a great start. Oh, and I would be so motivated to please her, if she ever allowed me to get close. I'd like to give it a try. Even vanilla, I think it would be sweet.

Hello, E, are you listenting? Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I'm here for you if you want me...

No comments: