Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Second date with L

So I had a second little date with L yesterday, a long conversation over coffee. My impression is much like after our first date, which I described in my last post. I really enjoy talking with L, I like her, and I find her interesting. I feel attracted to her, but there's no sexual edge to it. This is a bit odd for me--I tend to view women as sexual beings, and imagine having sex with them. Even women I know this isn't going to happen with, like married co-workers. It may be that L doesn't wear revealing or form-fitting clothes, and isn't flirtatious. L has ended each date with a formal handshake. I thought, before our second date, that I might kiss her hand when she offered it, but when she did, I just didn't feel like it.

I'm keeping an open mind about this. Willing to go slowly. It might be healthier, instead of rushing into kissing and rounding the basepath and all that. I did have a big smile on my face after we shook hands and parted.

I do feel drawn to L, and want to go out of my way to make things easier for her. She wasn't sure at first about having time to get away for coffee yesterday, so I suggested we meet at the place most convenient for her. I drove 4-5 miles, and she walked a few blocks, and I was glad to do my part, so much more than hers. Now we won't see each other for nearly two weeks. I'm going out of town and then she is. I offered to pick her up at the airport when she gets back, and she's considering it.

We have a sort-of plan for another date, a trip to a science museum for a particular exhibit. Very brainy stuff. I think L may be the most intelligent woman I've ever dated. This isn't the sort of date I've often suggested to any woman, but hey, I was actually interested in the exhibit before she brought it up. It seems we are pretty well matched in interests.

Life is good.

No comments: