Monday, January 29, 2007

Going slow, but OK

Maybe it's the season, the chill of winter slowing everything down. I haven't felt particularly interested in sex or subbish thoughts lately. There has been a little movement on the dating front.

I met one other woman through eHarmony. I like her and I enjoyed her company, but I can't say I feel anything sexual towards her. This is starting to sound like my last post, about L, whom I also met through eHarmony. Maybe this is about myself, more than them. Anyway, we parted with a mutual declaration that we want to see each other again. Nothing definite.

L and I are back from our trips. We talked on the phone tonight, and reconnected. She is easy to talk with, and I like that. I often don't feel at ease on the phone, even with old friends. Not the case with L. We talked for over an hour, and made plans for a Saturday date. The science museum then dinner. L suggested a place I wasn't familiar with, and I agreed. As we were wrapping up, I asked if she would like me to make a reservation.

L: Yes, that would please me.

subboy: Oh good, I do enjoy pleasing.

So this snippet of conversation pleased me. Slow movement, but in a good direction.

On another front, my massage business is off to a modest start. My January earnings almost paid the rent, not quite. I do have two appointments booked for this coming Saturday, which means February will be off to a fast start, relatively speaking. I've taken some steps to market my practice. Talking to strangers about myself--yikes! Definitely out of my comfort zone. Bit by bit, I'm becoming more used to it.

And I am very much enjoying giving massage in my office. I gave one today to D, the woman I rent from. We're trading practice, with an eye towards referring clients to each other. She worked on me last week, and I completed the trade today. I was nervous, and made a few mistakes early on. But I got more focused as the massage progressed, and ended up satisfied with the massage. It wasn't sexual, but I was very much getting into providing attentive service. And D was quite pleased with my work. That was very gratifying. She's going to refer her boyfriend to me. Ah, the twist I could put on that! But I don't think I'll go there.

Focus on the women I am dating, that's the thing to do.

No comments: