Monday, January 1, 2007

A slow start to the new year

I had an open house for my massage business on New Years Day. It went fairly well from a business standpoint. About 30 people stopped by, all friends and acquaintances. I think a few of them may well become clients, and the rest have at least some potential to refer clients to me, so it was good that they got to see my office, and get a brief chair massage. They'll be more credible referrers for having done this.

However, I was expecting several women from school--potential dates--to stop by, and none of them did. I wrote about them here, last half of the long post. So, I didn't flirt with anyone, and I made no progress on finding out if I'll actually be able to date any of these women. So the next step is clear--it's up to me to ask them out, and see they respond. That age-old male duty, stepping out on a limb in the quest for nookie. I'm going to start with my former teacher. Declaration: I will call her on Tuesday.

No comments: