Sunday, February 4, 2007

The power of declaring

L and I had our third date yesterday, to the science museum and then out to dinner. I had decided beforehand that I wanted to date only L. She interests me far more than anyone else I've met, and I want to focus, and see where that leads. So at dinner I told her this--the part about deciding I would date only her. And as soon as I did, I felt a slight twinge of sexual arousal. Some part of me was saying "Yes, this is the way to be sexual. Committment is erotic." Very interesting.

We had a leisurely dinner, then she drove me back to my car and we talked some more. And I wanted to kiss her, or at least find out if she wanted to, too. So I leaned in and said, "I want to kiss you", and she said "I'm agreeable", and so we did, several times. And it was good.

We also declared that we are Valentines.

Tonight we talked on the phone, over an hour, a wide-ranging conversation. I told her about getting aroused at dinner--another declaration. I feel like I'm offering myself up to her--my commiitment, my arousal--and it feels good.

No comments: