Sunday, December 10, 2006

My sexy auditor

I work in IT for a large corporation. We've got internal auditors, whose job it is to check up on how we're doing things. What steps we're taking to secure our data, in particular. When an auditor wants to know something, or to see evidence that we're really following the procedure manual, we're to cooperate fully. That's a standing order from management. Auditors write up their findings, and they get visibility up through several layers of management. If they want something changed, it's likely to become a high-priority task for me. If they find much to ding me for, it's likely to show up in my performance review. These people have a lot of power.

I had my work audited last month by a very sexy auditor. M is just a few years out of college, has a petite figure with nice curves, and she likes to dress sexy. Soft, tight sweater with a plunging neckline, revealing the roundness of her firm breasts just occasionally. Tight skirt, definitely above the knee. Little strappy heels in summer, showing off her nicely pedicured toenails. And at her recent visit, tall black boots. Mmmm-hmmm, this woman has certainly got my attention, and not just because my manager says to give her what she wants.

I've fantasized about offering myself up to M as her footslave, but that desire is best left unspoken, I think. It could put her in an awkward position, having a social relationship with someone whose work she was reviewing. (Does footslave count as a social relationship? Maybe we'd have an out...)

Three times in a week M came to my cube. I greeted her warmly and solicitously fetched her a chair. She asked her questions, and I found the answers online, saving them off to a file for her. Our conversation was polite and professional, but my eyes were roaming some, and my brain, too.

I wonder if M has any idea of the effect she has on me, or men in general. I wanted to satisfy M's every desire, and I chanelled that into our working relationship. After I knew what she was looking for, I worked ahead before her final visit, so she wouldn't have to sit while I poked around on the system. I wanted to do what I could to make her job easier, even though it meant I would have less time with her.

M's findings were pretty favorable. A few things to clean up, but overall a positive report. I'm not waiting for my manager to tell me the cleanup is high priority, I'm doing it for M. I want her to be seen as effective in her job--she writes something up, and it gets resolved.

I think M is just one example, out of millions, of the power women are acquiring in the workplace. And without sacrificing her femininty, and all the power that it carries.

I hope M comes back soon, with more probing questions. I'm glad to jump for her.

No comments: